Tuesday, October 5, 2010

American Idiot Broadway



Over this past weekend, I was fortunate enough to go see a Broadway musical!  My cousin had asked me if I was interested in going to see Green Day's American Idiot on Sunday the 3rd.  Eager to see a musical that might actually be interesting, as opposed to others, I said yes!  When we got to the theatre, I was so excited to hear that Billy Joel Armstrong (the lead singer of Green Day) was acting in this performance.  The performance proved OUTSTANDING!  Well worth my time and I am so happy that I got to see Armstrong's acting along with his written screenplay.  Billy wrote this musical to fit his song's meanings, which showed complex throughout the performance.  Although I was unable to follow most of the underlying meanings, I would like to see it again to understand them all more.

No comments:

Post a Comment